MAIN AREAS OF THE TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT CENTER ACTIVITY
Corporate Innovation Development Service
- Strategic consulting, implementation and adaptation of the innovative development methodology in business areas of TATNEFT Group of Companies.
- Effectiveness evaluation of the of innovation processes, consolidation of data on the innovation strategy in the Group’s business areas.
- Training of innovation process participants in the Group's business areas in terms of changes in the innovation activity methodology.
Innovation Planning Office
- Business analysis and innovation activities planning.
- Information management and development of business analysis tools.
- Information management and development of business analysis tools.
Project Management Office
- Methodological support of the project management process (within the innovation activities range).
- Administrative management of innovative projects.
Office of Expertise and Development of Oil Production Technologies
- Organization of events for updating business challenges based on current trends in the external environment, and the strategic objectives of PJSC TATNEFT in the Company’s functional areas.
- Organization of identification and digitization of technological challenges facing the Company.
- Initiation of launching implementational projects to replicate efficient existing solutions aimed at solving business challenges.
- Organization of discovery and management of innovative projects to address the Company’s business and technological challenges, accomplish strategic objectives, as well as search for new efficient technologies, equipment and operating procedures.
- Interaction with equipment manufacturers, research organizations and universities. Analysis of their activities’ results in order to find technical solutions and attract third-party companies to address the Company’s current technological challenges.
- Elaboration of measures to optimize the operating costs of supervised production processes and the introduction of innovative solutions to counter the Company’s technological challenges; organization and execution of activities aimed at achieving the strategic objectives of the Company through the development and replication of results (products) of the innovation activities in the Company’s functional areas.
- Organization and management of the processes of shaping the R & D and pilot works portfolio of PJSC TATNEFT in the areas of the Office activities.
- Performance of the technical expertise with regard to existing processes and technical solutions, scientific and technical handling, best practices, ideas, proposals and competitive works aimed at optimizing operational and capital costs in the areas of activity.
- Organization of the Company’s the expert functioning in the areas of the Company’s activities.
- Inspection performance of techniques and calculations of the economic application effect of technologies and equipment, rational proposals, inventions and utility models.
Key Innovation Processes Support Office
- Support and administrative management of key innovation processes: R & D, pilot projects and best practices application. Improving and enhancing the efficiency of these processes. The work organization on the conclusion and performance of contracts.
- Organization of works to maximize the use of state support tools for financing innovative projects.
- Methodological consultation and training of professionals of the Company participating in innovative processes.
- Communication with the external environment. Attendance arrangements of the events (conferences, exhibitions, fairs) by the Company's professionals. Interaction with universities, scientific and technical institutes and organizations, as well as manufacturers in the field of the Company’s activity.
Intellectual Property Development Office
- Improving the efficiency of innovation and inventive activities. Organization of work on searching and selecting the ideas and proposals aimed at improving the production efficiency of PJSC TATNEFT. Development of a motivation system for participants in the process of innovation and inventive activities. Cost planning for innovation and inventive activities. Monitoring compliance with the limits and the utilization of dedicated funding sources. Participation in organizing and conducting the industry-scale, republican or federal competitions and review contests in the area of innovation and invention. Organization of interaction with the Research and Technology Associations of the Republic of Tatarstan and the Russian Federation. Preparation of materials for works nominated for awards in the industry-scale, republican and other competitions.
- Patent Service “From an Idea to the Patent”. The work organization on the reception of forms for the alleged patent applications. The work organization on the preparation of a set of application documents for electronic submission of applications to the Federal Institute of Industrial Property. Preparation of answers, objections to the expert's decision of the “FIPS” Federal State Budgetary Institution. Interaction with FSBI "FIPS" on the registration of the rights transfer to use the inventions, utility models, trademarks of PJSC TATNEFT, responses to the requests or instructions.
- Improving the Efficiency of Intangible Assets Management. Organization of a unified intangible assets management system at PJSC TATNEFT in the following areas: creation of intangible assets, ensuring legal protection and safe-keeping of exclusive rights for intangible assets, analyzing local regulations related to the management of intellectual deliverables and interaction with third-party organizations. Safe-keeping of the intellectual property. The work organization on the compliance with contractual relations in the management system of IP and intangible assets, which are on the books of PJSC TATNEFT. The estimation of the commercial value and the amount of remuneration under license agreements, calculation of the author's royalties for intangible assets. Formation and maintenance of the unified commercial register of the PJSC TATNEFT’s intellectual property. External commercialization of the innovations.
Office of Oil and Gas Fields Development and Exploration
- Screening of technologies for efficient field development, geophysical studies and geological exploration.
- Participation in innovative projects to address the business and technological challenges of the Company in the area of geological exploration and oil/gas fields development.
- Analysis of fields development (identification of problems, finding effective solutions).
Health, Safety and Environmental Service
The Center of Technological Development (CTD) pays considerable attention to the working conditions and health of its employees. The Center has its own Occupational Health and Safety Management System (HSE) which sets goals for the company and defines the tasks in the field of Occupational Safety And Health.
The main objectives of the Occupational Safety and Environmental Management System are:
- ensuring healthy and safe working conditions of employees;
- implementation of the main directions of the Occupational Safety Policy and formulation of proposals for its improvement;
- development and implementation of the Programs for improvement of working conditions and safety;
- improving the efficiency of Safety Management System;
- prevention of accidents with the workers who are carrying out work activities;
- protecting workers from exposure of hazardous and harmful production factors;
- involvement of all CTD’s personnel in the occupational safety activities;
- activities aimed at the prevention of industrial injuries and occupational illnesses;
- development of a corporate safety culture and promotion of healthy lifestyles;
- reduction of waste-paper generation by 5% due to electronic document management and rational use of printed paper on both sides;
- monitoring of compliance with the requirements of environmental legislation of the Russian Federation. «Zero» cases of excess of legally approved waste regulations;
- development of a set of measures aimed at implementation of the «green office» principles together with the Centre of Facilities Management.
The main tasks of the Occupational Safety Management System:
- ensuring safety and improving working conditions of employees;
- compliance with the requirements of legislative and regulatory legal acts on occupational safety;
- study and distribution of the best practices on occupational safety, promotion of occupational safety;
- organization and implementation of production monitoring of compliance with occupational safety requirements in the CTD;
- training of employees on occupational safety;
- special assessment of the working conditions in order to identify harmful and hazardous production factors;
- hazard identification, assessment of occupational risk levels, their management and elimination;
- enforce compulsory pre-employment, periodic and other mandatory medical examinations of employees;
- ensuring optimal working and rest arrangements for employees;
- provision of sanitation and treatment services to employees;
- ensuring the planning of occupational safety measures and their mandatory financing at all levels of the Occupational Safety Management;
- compulsory social insurance for employees against industrial accidents and occupational illness;
- investigation and analysis of the causes of industrial accidents and occupational illness;
- monitoring, recording, analysis and evaluation on occupational safety;
- normative-legal and information support in the field of occupational safety;
- developing and disseminating of best practices on occupational safety, promotion of occupational safety.
The CTD Оccupational Safety Policy:
The CTD occupational safety policy is a public documented declaration of the company's intention and guaranteed performance of its obligations to comply with state regulatory requirements for occupational safety, environmental protection and voluntarily assumed obligations and is consistent with the policy of PJSC Tatneft.
The guidelines of the Occupational Safety Policy:
- ensuring the priority of preserving the life and health of employees in the process of operating activities;
- compliance with the requirements of the current legislation, industry, corporate and local regulatory documents regulating the activities of PJSC «Tatneft» in the field of occupational safety, environmental and other external requirements in this area that PJSC «Tatneft» undertakes to respect;
- identification and assessment of occupational hazards and risks, formation of measures for their management, reduction of significant occupational risks;
- identification and elimination of harmful production factors at workplaces in the course of activity;
- realization of the set of measures aimed at preventing injuries and occupational diseases;
- training and skills development of employees in the field of labor and environmental protection;
- open dialogue with all parties interested in the CTD’s activities in the field of labor and environmental protection;
- achievement and constant improvement of performance indicators in the field of labor and environmental protection;
- ensuring the compliance of the Integrated Management System with the international standard ISO 45001:2018 "Occupational health and safety management systems";
- a public report on its activities in the field of labor and the environmental protection;
- accounting the requirements in the field of environmental protection in the CTD’s main activity in the introducing an innovation management system and solving business challenges with the proposed innovative technologies and the best world practices;
- identification and assessment of ecological aspects, formation of measures for their management, reduction of significant risks;
- interaction with contractors and counteragents (suppliers of products and services) to ensure that they comply with the laws and standards adopted by the Company in the field of environmental safety;
- realization of the set of measures aimed at introducing the "green office" principles;
- ensuring the compliance of the Integrated Management System with the international standard ISO 14001:2015 «Environmental Management Systems. Requirements with guidance for use».
The labor and environmental protection policy assumes a three-stage production control:
- The first stage of production control is carried out by the heads of departments and services of the CTD in the departments and services entrusted to them.
- The second stage of production control is entrusted to the permanent commission of the CTD, headed by the First Deputy Director for Organizational Development. The commission is appointed by order of the CTD and is held once a quarter.
- The third stage of production control is carried out by the permanent commission of PJSC «Тatneft».
In accordance with the main threads of The Labor and Environmental Protection Policy, the CTD defines the main purposes and objectives for a certain period of time, taking into account the identified hazards and occupational risks, the results of the analysis of occupational injuries, occupational diseases, as well as changing needs and priorities.